Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Versus time

The road to unlimited greed, veiled by what they say- infinite desire, cropped to window size- life, not a an easy task fellow earthlings
Too much to do, too little a time, too fast- this world,
No wonder it’s fast, as its young and in its prime,
I wonder if it stopped, took a time out, got down from its steel horse.
If I could ask it to bench the haste and anxiety- would it choke and die?
Would it cry out for help, would it curse, moan and ultimately stop moving at all!
I wonder what it would do! But something tells me it will be alarmed, appalled at the sight it never stopped to see, at the sunset it never bothered to praise, at the flower it never saw growing.
This puddle of water, within a crowded city, calm and tranquil, thousands of cars and trucks going through it making it smaller, and vanquishing it before it could die, it would be surprised to see its glimpse in this puddle of water. I think it would be surprised by the serenity displayed in this utter chaos.
I wish I was a slow moving car in a HOV lane, a little boy looking at the world from his window, looking at the slaves of time. I wait for a day when the roads sign would say “what’s the rush”.
When people carry empty briefcases to work and students carry empty bags to school. When they don’t know what they want to do every next second of their day.
I wait for that day when clock steps down and the humans reign supreme.
When we all halt at a pit-stop, and look back but don’t think, when we think ahead but don’t picture it. I wait for that day when we live in present, and wait for more presents to come.

6 comments:

  1. Heyy Jimmy,
    A very rightly put thought. I guess every individual, at some point of time has thought of riding in the HOV lane... but for those who go in that lane it is diffcult not be envious of fast runners and then they throw themselves back into the fast lane!!! What do you think?
    Aditi (204E)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aditi,
    Thanks for the post. Yes, people do thrive to be in the HOV lane,I cannot dispute that fact, even if I try. I will tell you my view on this though. We are God's best creation, and still our whole lives we keep on competing for the best. We are on prowl to achieve which we already have :) Its stupid but human, its eccentric but genuine. I just wish that competition would settle for few minutes,(clock steps down). That's my war, I guess with myself but I like to put it as Versus time! WOW! THANKS FOR BEING MY FIRST POST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that I could finally read ur poems. so far so good.

    Good abstract work. This also shows that you are a keen observer, noticing things and humans around you (next time ill be careful, while talking to you).

    A vivid composition. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vrushali,
    I cannot help but not notice you, and paras would raise his eyebrow if he reads this, but its all in good humor. Thanks, a lot for your appreciation. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete